Criteria and Rules
- There are two art competitions – one for children in naíonraí and one for children in Irish-medium and Gaeltacht primary schools. The same criteria and rules apply to both competitions.
- A winner will be picked from every year group – for example, one child will be picked from junior infants, senior infants, first class, and so on. All in all there will be 8 national competition winners.
- There is no set theme, let your imagination run wild!
- There is no limit to how big the piece is as long as it can all be photographed in one image.
- Your art piece can be made up of any material (for example, paint, pencil, cardboard, etc.)
- A title for the piece is desirable but not compulsory.
- Parents/Guardians must submitt the art piece via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via social media (details below). Hard copies of artwork in the post will not be considerd.
- The deadline for submissions is 5pm, Wednesday, 25th March.
- All submissions should include the following information: child’s anmes, naíonra/school name, school year, date of birth and contact details.
- The competition is limited to one entry per person.
- There is a panel of judges who will use a marking scheme accordingly.
- A €20 book voucher (for purchase of books online) will be awarded to every winner, as well as an electronic personalised certificate. The name and art piece of each winner will be displayed on social media, except in any case where a parent/guardian has requested that this information not be shared.
- Submissions can be made through email to email@example.com
- Submissions can be made through social media: Facebook @Gaeloideachas, Twitter @Gaeloid & Instagram @gaeloideachas.
Best of luck!