Competition: Comic Strip (Primary Level)
This is a comic strip art competition for Irish medium and Gaeltacht primary schools. We are looking for applications from primary school children to draw a coloured comic strip alongside an interesting imaginative story.
The comic can be based on anything you wish.
Some sample ideas:
“Traveling to a mysterious place”
“A fun party”
“A haunted house”
You can download a comic strip template here: Teimpléid Greannáin Bun
The deadline for submissions is 5pm, 30th June 2020. All applications must be made via the form below.
See terms and conditions below.
- This competition is open to Irish-medium and Gaeltacht primary schools only.
- For this competition, you will need both your art and writing skills to create a comic strip.
A winner will be picked from each year group – for example, junior infants, senior infants, first class, second class, and so on. Overall, there will be 8 winners from around the country.
- There are comic templates available for use above, but students are welcome to create templates of their own if they wish.
- All text on the comic strip must be through Irish and it is recommended that the artwork be colourful.
- There is no set theme, let your imagination run wild!
- The comic strip must be no bigger than one A4 page.
- Your art piece can be made up of any material (for example, paint, cardboard, wool etc.)
- A title for the piece is desirable but not compulsory.
- Parents/Guardians must submit the art piece via the form above. Hard copies of artwork in the post will not be considered.
- The deadline for submissions is 5pm, 30th June 2020.
- All submissions should include the following information: student’s names, school name, school year, date of birth and contact details of parent/guardians.
- The competition is limited to one entry per person.
- There is a panel of judges who will use a marking scheme accordingly.
- It is important to note that the name and photo of each entry will be displayed on our site and social media, except in any case where a parent/guardian has requested that this information not be shared.
- A €20 book voucher (for purchase of books online) will be awarded to every winner, as well as an electronic personalised certificate.
- Submissions can be made through the website at the form above.