Competition: Comic Strip (Primary Level)
This is a comic strip art competition for Irish medium and Gaeltacht primary schools. We are looking for applications from primary school children to draw a coloured comic strip alongside an interesting imaginative story.
The comic can be based on anything you wish.
Some sample ideas:
“Traveling to a mysterious place”
“A fun party”
“A haunted house”
You can download a comic strip template here: Teimpléid Greannáin Bun
The deadline for submissions is 5pm, 30th June 2020. All applications must be made via the form below.
See terms and conditions below.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
- This competition is open to Irish-medium and Gaeltacht primary schools only.
- For this competition, you will need both your art and writing skills to create a comic strip.
A winner will be picked from each year group – for example, junior infants, senior infants, first class, second class, and so on. Overall, there will be 8 winners from around the country.
- There are comic templates available for use above, but students are welcome to create templates of their own if they wish.
- All text on the comic strip must be through Irish and it is recommended that the artwork be colourful.
- There is no set theme, let your imagination run wild!
- The comic strip must be no bigger than one A4 page.
- Your art piece can be made up of any material (for example, paint, cardboard, wool etc.)
- A title for the piece is desirable but not compulsory.
- Parents/Guardians must submit the art piece via the form above. Hard copies of artwork in the post will not be considered.
- The deadline for submissions is 5pm, 30th June 2020.
- All submissions should include the following information: student’s names, school name, school year, date of birth and contact details of parent/guardians.
- The competition is limited to one entry per person.
- There is a panel of judges who will use a marking scheme accordingly.
- It is important to note that the name and photo of each entry will be displayed on our site and social media, except in any case where a parent/guardian has requested that this information not be shared.
- A €20 book voucher (for purchase of books online) will be awarded to every winner, as well as an electronic personalised certificate.
- Submissions can be made through the website at the form above.