Parents’ Workshop in Cork, 16 November
On Saturday, 16th November 2019, Gaeloideachas will run a special workshop for parents as part of our annual conference which will be held in the Rochestown Park Hotel in Cork.
The workshop is aimed at parents and guardians who have children attending a naíonra or Irish-medium or Gaeltacht school, and will be suitable for all, regardless of their level of fluency in Irish.
During the session, we’ll be exploring the conference theme – using Irish as a social language in school – as it relates to the role of parents.
We’ll have a panel with a school principal, a parents and a representative from Tuismitheoirí na Gaeltachta to give tips and advice on the following:
- How and why using Irish as a social language (rather than just a classroom language) will benefit your child
- What role you can play as a parent in encouraging them, whatever your own level of fluency is in Irish
- How to use more Irish at home
- Ways to meet other parents raising a family through Irish
- What help and resources are out there
The workshop is free to attend, though numbers are limited.
If you’ve any questions, you’re very welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 8535195.