Position Available: Assistant Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take day to day responsibility for children.
- Lead the ECCE Scheme for the Naíonra.
- Ensure high standards of care at the Naíonra.
- Develop curriculum in line with Aistear and Síolta.
- Prepare long term, medium term and short term plans.
- Ensure a good standard of hygiene.
- Undertake training as required.
- Revise policies and procedures as required.
- Adhere to Child Protection Policy of Naíonra Cholmcille and report any concerns.
- Maintain all records as required by Pobal and Tusla.
- Represent Naíonra Cholmcille during Pobal and Tusla inspections.
- Ensure adequate insurance and all safety equipment is maintained and regularly serviced ie. Fire Equipment etc.
- Develop ongoing positive relationships with parents.
- Organise regular staff meetings.
- Co-ordinate recruitment, induction, appraisal and training requirements for staff.
- Be able to take charge and direct children and staff in case of an emergency.
- Maintain strict confidentiality, any breach of confidentiality about children or their families in the Naíonra.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required.
- Qualification FETAC Level 6 or above in Childcare.
- Experience in the Childcare sector.
- Good organisational and team skills.
- Good standard of conversation through Irish
- Good ability to communicate with parents, team and children.
If interested please send an application, along with CV and copies of qualification certificates and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12.00pm 20th July 2020.
Start date 24 August 2020