Research Bursaries from COGG
An Chomhairle um Oideachas Gaeltachta agus Gaelscolaíochta welcomes applications from individual researchers or institutes to undertake research (as a long term or short term research project) in any one of these topics:
Priority areas of research:
• Appropriate supports for children with special educational needs in Gaeltacht/or Irish-medium schools
• Language assessment in Gaeltacht and/or Irish medium schools
• Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
• Implementation of Circulars 52/2019 and 53/2019: Exemption from the study of Irish
• Multilingualism among pupils from Gaeltacht and Irish-medium schools
• Late immersion – the transition from English-medium primary education to Irish medium post-primary education.
• The student voice: Attitudes to Irish in Gaeltacht and Irish medium schools
• Impact of the school community on immersion education in Gaeltacht schools
• The impact of technology on Irish language learning and/or learning through the medium of Irish
• The feasibility of online communities of practice to provide professional collegial support for teachers in Gaeltacht and Irish-medium schools
• Applications will be accepted for other research topics, if relevant to COGG’s functions.
Applications will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at SPARÁNACHT, COGG, 23 PLÁS WINDSOR, BAILE ÁTHA CLIATH, D02 RD80
Final date for applications: No applications will be accepted after 4pm on Monday 2 March 2020.