Transitions: A Practical Talk for Parents and Guardians
Ar Aghaidh Linn! Moving from the Naíonra to a Gaelscoil or Gaeltacht Primary School – A Practical Talk for Parents and Guardians
Is your son or daughter starting in a Gaelscoil or Gaeltacht primary school this year? The transition from naíonra to primary school is a big step and important milestone for young children and their parents. Our practical talk on the 1st of July will give you lots of helpful advice and tips on how you can prepare your child for their first day in an Irish-medium primary school. We will also share some of the many resources available for parents who wish to improve their own Irish, tips on how to help with homework and how you can help your child make a smooth transition between naíonra and primary school.
This talk is aimed at parents and guardians who have children starting an Irish-medium or Gaeltacht school this autumn, and will be suitable for all, regardless of their level of fluency in Irish. The talk will be led by Niamh Uí Chadhla, Príomhoide of Gaelscoil Chill Dara, and Máire Uí Mhurchú, early years expert and former Stiúrthóir Naíonra in Naíonra Neasáin. Niamh and Máire will give tips and advice on the following:
- How you can help your child have a positive start in school
- What fun and practical things you can do over the summer to support your child as he or she gets ready for Junior Infants in an Irish-medium setting
- What role you can play as a parent in encouraging your child, whatever your own level of fluency is in Irish
- How to use more Irish at home
- What help and resources are out there
The workshop is free to attend, though numbers are limited. If you’ve any questions, you’re very welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to check your Spam for the Zoom link nearer the time.
Oops! We could not locate your form.