Easter Art Competition for Irish-Medium & Gaeltacht Primary Schools
Rules & Criteria: Easter Egg Tree
This competition is open to Irish-medium (gaelscoil) and Gaeltacht primary schools only.
A tutorial video on how to make an Easter Egg Tree can be found on our YouTube channel:
- This competition is split into 2 parts:
- Junior & Senior Infants: Each tree must have name, school, age and class handwritten by each student (as Gaeilge) beside the entry.
- 1st– 6th Classes: We ask that each pupil puts together a few lines about their tree (as Gaeilge) – for example; why they chose a particular theme, explaining each egg, etc.
- There is no set theme, let your imagination run wild!
- There is no limit to how big the piece is as long as it can all be photographed in one image.
- Your art piece can be made up of any material (for example, paint, cardboard, wool etc.)
- A title for the piece is desirable but not compulsory.
- Parents/Guardians must submit the art piece via email to email@example.com via social media (details below). Hard copies of artwork in the post will not be considered.
- The deadline for submissions is 5pm, Wednesday, 15th April.
- All submissions should include the following information: child’s names, school name, class, date of birth and contact details of parent/guardians.
- The competition is limited to one entry per person.
- There is a panel of judges who will use a marking scheme accordingly.
- It is important to note that the name and photo of each entry will be displayed on our site and social media, except in any case where a parent/guardian has requested that this information not be shared.
- A €20 book voucher (for purchase of books online) will be awarded to every winner, as well as an electronic personalised certificate. Submissions can be made through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions can alsp be made through social media: Facebook @Gaeloideachas, Twitter @Gaeloid & Instagram @gaeloideachas