Draft Specification for Leaving Cert Irish- What you need to know
Gaeloideachas has held two information sessions for parents this past week on the new specifications proposed by the NCCA for Leaving Cert Irish in L1 schools.
In these sessions our panelists discussed what this review might mean for students and teachers in Irish-medium and Gaeltacht schools; the supports and resources available and/or needed; as well as what steps can be taken to seek clarity and make concerns heard on the proposed specifications.
Below, you can find all the relative information you will need as a parent to help you understand the changes in store for your child, Gaeloideachas’ stance on the new specifications, links to the literature and the ways in which you can make your voice heard.
- Information Session for Parents, 10 May 2021, (YouTube): https://youtu.be/d8UChbsJ8S0
- Powerpoint, 10 May 2021: https://gaeloideachas.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Dreachtsonraiochta-nua-don-Ghaeilge-BEARLA.pdf
- Online survey – current deadline 28th May 2021: https://surveyhero.com/c/consultationL1
Write a submission and submit it to the NCCA before 31 st August 2021 comhairliuchanT1@ncca.ie
Express your opinions by email to Gaeloideachas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- L1 Draft specification, NCCA: draft-specification-gaeilge-t1-en.pdf (ncca.ie)
- Gaeloideachas’ Position on the draft specifications: https://gaeloideachas.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Bileog-Stocaireachta-B%C3%89ARLA.pdf