Transition to Post-Primary School: A Talk for Parents
Ar Aghaidh Linn chuig an Iar-bhunscoil!
Moving from Primary School to a Gaelcholáiste or Gaeltacht Post-Primary School– A Practical Talk for Parents and Guardians
Is your son or daughter starting in a Gaelcholáiste or Gaeltacht post-primary school this year? Moving from primary to post-primary school is a big change for your child and for you as a parent, especially if they have not gone to an Irish-medium primary school. There are two big transitions for them to navigate – personal and social changes, and academic changes. Don’t worry, there is plenty of support available, and schools have lots of experience in helping each intake of new students (and their parents) through this process every year.
Our practical talk on the 8th of July at 19.00 will give lots of helpful advice and tips on how you can prepare your child for their first day in an Irish-medium post-primary school and how you can help them make a smooth transition between primary and post-primary. This talk is aimed at parents and guardians who have children starting an Irish-medium or Gaeltacht post-primary school this autumn, and will be suitable for all, regardless of their level of fluency in Irish. The talk will be led by Fíona Uí Uiginn, Former Príomhoide of Coláiste Íosagáin and Vice President of Gaeloideachas, and Pádraig Mac an Bhaird, Guidance Counsellor in Coláiste de hÍde. Fíona and Pádraig will give tips and advice on the following:
- Finding their feet: how you can help your child have a positive start in post-primary school
- Embracing change: new teachers, new subjects, new school, new friends and new opportunities
- What fun and practical things you can do over the summer to support your child if this is his or her first experience of Irish-medium education
- What role you can play as a parent in encouraging and supporting your child, whatever your own level of fluency is in Irish
- What help and resources are available
The workshop is free to attend, though numbers are limited.
If you’ve any questions, you’re very welcome to contact us at email@example.com. Please remember to check your Spam for the Zoom link nearer the time.
Oops! We could not locate your form.